Friday, May 28, 2010

Torrey

I will not be graduating from college this weekend. Many of my friends will be but I won't. I will be graduating from the Torrey Honors program and, truth be told, that is enough for me to feel accomplished. I've struggled with this program for the last four years of my life; nearly getting kicked out, hating everyone who was smarter then me, and hating myself for being in a program like this were just a few of the stupidities that I had to work through over the course of these 4 years. I'm not the same person I was when I came to college. A lot has changed and I forget that sometimes. I think that I've changed for the best but I don't know if we will really know that until later. One thing that has changed and that I notice constantly is that I am happier. Not in the, "fluffy feelings all the time," sense but I was miserable before I came to college and during these four year, I've been forced to confront and deal with many of the things that were causing me so much grief. It has almost been like one big therapy session that's slowly bankrupting me but I'm glad that it happened.

On another note, I work at Starbucks now.

No comments:

Post a Comment