Friday, May 21, 2010

Consistency

One of the things that I desire and love about my friends is their consistency. This is a big deal for me and I think that it should be for everyone but I'm not sure if I think of consistency in the same way as everyone else. What I mean is that my closest friends have a consistent personality. Yeah, the bail or flake on me sometimes but they are consistently the same person and I love them for that. It's hard to say that someone is consistently the same person because none of us truly know someone for who they are but I can say that my friends consistently manifest themselves in the same way. It's these consistent manifestations that I love. This is hard to explain. I'm not looking for things from my good friends. Our relationship isn't based on what they do for me or anything like that, it's based on how effectively they love me by the own ability to love. It's one of the things that helps me to deal with disappointment. Regardless of how I'm disappointed by occasional expectations, which are typically a result of my own selfishness, I can always be reassured by their consistent way of loving me amidst me own encroaching and offensive stupidity.

No comments:

Post a Comment